According to Ayurveda and modern medicine, obesity is caused due to built up of excessive fat in body. This excess fat gets accumulated on the belly, buttocks, thighs and breast. It can lead to a number of disorders such as diabetes, arthritis, hypertension, stroke and cancer. Ayurveda offers natural treatment to combat obesity and quite surprisingly these give best results when one makes sure that they eat healthy and exercise as well
Overweight people have excess of ama in their body. It is by-product of incomplete or inefficient digestion. Ama blocks the circulatory system, lymph and other channels of body. Ayurvedic treatment for obesity primarily aims at getting rid of ama.
Experts suggest that it is extremely difficult or perhaps impossible to lose weight in presence of ama in the body. It is because of this reason that people fail to lose weight even when they follow diet restrictions or when they follow a specific diet. So it is important to get rid on ama first and then work on ways that can help you lose weight. Some of the herbs that are effective to eliminate ama include:
- Trikatu (an ayurvedic compound that consists of ginger, pepper and pipali).
- Tripbala (combination of amalaki, bibbitaki, and haritaki).
- Guggulu (an effective purifying ayurvedic herb).
Ayurvedic Remedies for Obesity
- Experts suggest that overweight people must eat light, include spicy and toxic herbs (such as Guggulu) to stimulate digestion. Besides this obese people can also benefit by ayurvedic home remedies for obesity. Below mentioned ayurvedic remedies are useful in obesity irrespective of the dosha of the person.
- Take chitrak (Plumbago zeylonica), trikatu and kukti and mix them in equal proportion. Take half teaspoon of this mixture with mouthful of water. If you are more than 20 pounds overweight then take this herbal blend twice a day and once a day if you are less than 20 pounds overweight.
- Take one teaspoon of guggul thrice a day. For more effective results mix ginger and honey to it.
- Eat food that has high fibre content and is minimally processed.
- Drink at least eight glass of water per day. This will help you to feel full for long hours.
- Avoid food and beverages that can increase kapha. Food with high content of carbohydrates, sweets and sweeten drinks significantly contribute to kapha.
- Increase intake of wheat products rather than rice products.
- You must give a shot to ayurvedic remedies and benefit from it by looking not just reduced in terms of your body size but also healthy. Are you ready to go ayurvedic way? Well we say try it out and flaunt a fab body!
This article shares information on ayurvedic treatment for obesity, a problem faced by many of us. This will help us in knowing about the ayurvedic treatment that one can take to remain fit and healthy.