Allergy is a common health problem. It is said that, everybody is allergic to something and everything is allergic to someone. That means we all are allergic to something (which may be common house dust or pollen or it may be simply a vegetable or anything) and everything we know from foods to earth to metals to plants someone is allergic to it. So, do not be surprised if you fine someone who may be allergic to even water (at least I won’t be surprised). Allergy can manifest in various ways and in various symptoms. Allergy may manifest as asthma, hay fever, allergic rhinitis etc.
Here are list of some common plants that are common cause of allergy, but you may not be aware of.
Do not be surprised if you see oak in the list of plants that can cause allergy to lots of people. The pollens produced by oak are not very potent allergen; however the trees produce huge quantity of pollens and for long period of time, usually during spring season. This makes it a common allergen because of the large quantity of potentially allergen pollen.
There are number of different types of maple trees that may produce allergen. Potent allergen is produced by ash-leaf maple. Other types of maple that produce allergen in lesser quantity are red, silver, and sugar varieties of maple. These plants are found in many countries covering huge geographical areas, which make them potentially hazardous.
These trees can produce very severe form of allergy to some susceptible individual. They are found in mountain areas (hence the name). if you are allergic to mountain cedar, it is best to change your location from mountain area to a plain area. Read more…
Health Information Tags:
Certain things may spoil your teeth and spoil your smile too, which you may not be aware of. It is important that you avoid these things to preserve your teeth and smile or at least you should do these things in moderation.
Well, if you are fond of wine, it is time to think again if you also want to preserve your smile, which may be a great asset for you. If you drink wine regularly, it may harm enamel of your teeth and spoil your smile. The acidity of wine can harm the enamel and also cause staining of the teeth. However, there is no need to panic, as you can drink wine (if you love wine) and also keep your smile beautiful. You need to be moderate in wine drinking and take certain precaution while drinking, such as rinsing mouth thoroughly after you are done with drinking and to take small sips and avoid constant contact of wine with your teeth.
Not flossing your teeth regularly:
We all brush our teeth regularly. However many of us do not floss regularly, although both are equally important. Floss at least once a day to keep your dental health in good condition, as flossing is the best way to keep periodontal diseases away, which may affect 50% of adult population. Flossing is required to remove plaque and debris that sticks to teeth and gums and thereby makes teeth brighter. Flossing helps in polishing teeth to keep them sparkling white. Read more…
Dental Health Tags:
There are few things that put off friends and acquaintances faster than bad breath. Ultimately, however, the person who feels the consequences of halitosis the most is the person suffering with the problem. Some studies have shown links between smelly breath and stress or depression. Sadly, this problem isn’t limited to just a few people. It is a problem that plagues sufferers and those around them all over the world. Have you recognized this dental problem in yourself?
Take a look at the following infographic to learn more about the causes of smelly breath and how the problem might be affecting your life in ways that you didn’t even realize. Look further to discover some of the best treatment methods and the simple steps you can take to eliminate any lingering traces of your own halitosis.
Presented By TheraBreath
Baby acne, as the name suggest develops in the skin of newborn infants. Common site of appearance of baby acne include, cheeks, nose, forehead etc. although they can appear anywhere in the face. Baby acne is not uncommon and usually do not last long and temporary in nature and disappear within a few months. There is no way to prevent baby acne and in most of the cases no treatment is necessary.
Image Source: wikipedia
What are symptoms of baby acne?
Baby acne usually appears as small red bumps or pustules on a baby’s face. Generally they appear within two to four weeks of age (neonates).
They look like adult acne and it is not difficult to diagnose baby acne even by parents. There is no specific test for diagnosis, as they are easy to diagnose by looking at them.
Treatment of baby acne:
The best treatment of baby acne is to do nothing i. e. no treatment is required, as they typically disappear within few months of their appearing. However, if you are concerned and think that they are more serious than usual, you should consult a doctor. Also, if they do not disappear within a few months after appearing and are stubborn, you should consult your doctor, who may prescribe a local medicated ointment/cream for baby acne treatment. As your baby’s skin is very delicate, never try over-the-counter (OTC) ointments/creams for treatment of baby acne, it may cause serious harm to your baby. Read more…
Alcohol consumption and alcohol addiction (alcoholism) is very common. Many people try to bury their sorrow in alcohol. However, alcohol is unique in one way, people drink when they are happy (to celebrate) and people also drink when they are sad and full of sorrow. No other thing or substance has this unique distinction of be used in happiness and in sadness.
When you cannot live without drinking alcohol, you can safely assume that you are an alcoholic. However, to know if you or someone is alcoholic, especially at early stage of alcoholism, you need to know some important facts about alcoholism, which will help you to recognize alcoholism early.
In the United States alone, more than 17 million people suffer from alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction or alcohol dependence. Unfortunately many of these alcoholics are not aware that they are alcohol addicts/abuser, which makes the situation worse. There are five major signs of alcohol addiction/abuse, which can easily help to identify alcoholics. They are:
- One becomes highly tolerant to alcohol, i.e. the person can drink large quantity of alcohol (increasingly higher amount) without showing obvious signs and symptoms of drinking. This person can drink much larger quantity of alcohol than others and still do not show much signs of drinking.
- Another very important sign of alcoholism (alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction or alcohol dependence) is presence of withdrawal symptoms of alcohol when the person is not drinking. That means, when the person is off drink for a few days, he/she shows withdrawal symptoms of alcohol. Common withdrawal symptoms of alcohol include anxiety, insomnia, trembling (especially of hands and digits), sweating, nausea and/or vomiting, irritability, depression, fatigue, headaches and loss of appetite. The alcohol withdrawal symptoms may be potentially life-threatening in some people and may include withdrawal seizures etc.
Health Information Tags:
Your smile can be your great asset and secret of your happiness too. However, there are certain simple/subtle/common things which may spoil your teeth and as a result spoil your precious asset, smile. So, it is important, you know these things that can spoil your smile and avoid them.
Many people are fond of soft drinks, especially during hot weather. Whenever they find an opportunity, they consume lots of soft drinks. Soft drinks contain large amount of sugar, which can result in tooth decay, gum infection and cavities. Many soft drinks can also stain your teeth, if you consume regularly. Some preventive measures can help preserve your smile and also let you enjoy your soft drink (if you are really fond of), such as drinking through straw, rinsing mouth with water thoroughly immediately after drinking soft drink or chewing sugar-free chewing gum after soft drink. It is also important not to brush your teeth at least for one hour after taking soft drink to preserve your teeth and smile.
Drinking hot tea or coffee, especially black tea/coffee can result in stained and rough surface of your teeth, which is due to deposition of stain in grooves of enamel of your teeth. This may even retain bacteria that lead to tooth decay and bad oral health. To avoid dental health problem with hot drinks, consume them in moderation and add milk in tea and coffee. Also drink lots of water and rinse mouth with water after tea/coffee. Read more…
Dental Health Tags: