- Change diaper every time your baby wets the diaper. Change diaper promptly if it is wet or dirty. This is the most important strategy that is effective in preventing diaper rash.
- Allow your baby to remain without diaper as much as practicable. Exposing your baby’s diaper area to direct air prevent diaper rash. In many warm tropical countries, especially poor and lower middle class people who cannot afford to buy diaper do not use diaper and diaper rash is very infrequent among these babies, because without diaper, in warm weather, the diaper area is always dry. Hence no diaper rash. This is simple enough to explain why keeping diaper area dry and clean is the most important strategy to prevent diaper rash. Many people use homemade cotton cloth diapers, which are good in preventing diaper rash. These cloth diapers need to be cleaned/washed carefully with sufficient water to remove any soap residues left after washing. This prevent diaper rash.
Diaper rash is not difficult to manage. It can easily be done at home with some care and understanding of the problem. The following will be of great help, if your baby is suffering from diaper rash.
Baby Diaper Rash Relief Salve, 1 oz, Puremedy – $12.56
- Keep diaper area dry and clean: this is the most important aspect of management of diaper rash. Keeping the diaper area dry and clean will prevent diaper rash and also slowly heal the problem for most cases, unless there is some complication. Clean and dry diaper area is good enough for diaper rash management for most cases. The best way to keep your baby’s diaper area dry and clean is to change diaper frequently, immediately after wetting. For this you may have to do it at night too and change few times during every night. You can apply powder, cream, ointment or paste after cleaning the diaper area.
- Bath your baby daily: you should bath your baby daily, especially if your baby is suffering from diaper rash. This is must in warm tropical countries. After bath, make sure to dry your baby fully before you put on cloths for your baby.
Diaper rash is a common skin problem for babies. It is inflammation of skin (or a form of dermatitis) and appears as a patch of red skin on baby’s bottom. Diaper rash can occur if there is infrequent changing of diapers and if skin is sensitive. Although diaper rash usually affects babies and we all know it to be a problem of babies, it can occur in anyone who uses diaper for any reason. Diaper rash can cause alarm bells for parents (especially first time parents), but it can easily be managed by air drying and making it a habit to change your baby’s diaper frequently, especially after every wetting and using baby powder to keep the baby’s bottom dry.
What are symptoms of diaper rash?
Diaper rash commonly occur at the baby’s bottom and red and tender looking skin. Common sites involved are genital area, buttocks and thighs. Baby may also be more uncomfortable than usual. The baby cries more often and during diaper change or cleaning or washing the diaper area, the baby can be fussy. You should consult a doctor if you notice any oozing, bleeding or excessive itching. If there is accompanying fever, consult a doctor. Read more…
If you or someone you love is struggling with drug or alcohol addiction and you want to attempt to kick your habit, you should consider going to a professional rehab facility. Making this decision can literally save your life. However, the facility that you choose to do your rehab at will be critical to your overall recovery. Therefore, this decision must be made with great care. All rehab facilities are not created equal. They vary greatly in the experience of their staffs and the quality of care they provide to their patients. This is why you must take your time and do the research that is needed to make the choice that is best for your recovery. Here is how you can go about finding a good rehab facility for drug and alcohol detox.
1. Speak to others who have been through rehab
The first thing you should do in your search for a good rehab facility is to get the opinions of other people who have actually gone through the process. If you have any friends or family members who have received treatment at a rehab facility, their feedback will be incredibly valuable to you. If none of your friends and family have been to rehab, ask some of the people that you work with. If you are able to find a few people who have experience in rehab, ask them where they went. Was the staff helpful and knowledgeable? Do they feel the treatment they received was effective? Would they recommend that you receive your treatment at the same facility? Read more…
Home remedies for dermatitis are many. Home remedies cannot cure the condition, but can be of great help in making life comfortable and have a soothing effect. Among number of home remedies for dermatitis, here are some:
- You can try using over-the-counter non-prescription medications such as hydrocortisone cream, calamine lotion etc. which can provide temporarily relief from inflammation and itching. Oral antihistamines, (e.g. diphenhydramine) may also be helpful if itching is severe. However they may cause drowsiness and one should be aware of this common side effect of antihistamines.
- Use cotton clothing for comfort and avoid synthetic cloths. Cotton cloths can prevent irritation to the affected area.
- Use moisturizer regularly, especially if you suffer from atopic dermatitis. In fact milder form of atopic dermatitis may need only moisturizer.
- You may try a bleach bath, which can help in reducing bacteria in the skin. Use half cup (approximately 100 ml) of bleach for average size bathtub and take bath in it.
- Apply cool compression to affected area or try warm bath for symptomatic relief from dermatitis.
- Avoid irritants, especially if you have contact dermatitis.
- Avoid stress. If required, take professional help for stress management.
As a person begins to age, they will start to notice that their skin is not looking how it did in the past. There are a number of factors which can lead to a person’s skin becoming worn and wrinkled. With all of the treatments out there for the skin, finding the right one will usually take some research on you part. Among the most used and successful ways to revitalize the skin is by partaking in microdermabrasion. In order to get the right results from this procedure, you will have to find the right professionals to handle it for you. Here are a few of the benefits which come with using microdermabrasion for your skin.
It is Not Invasive
One of the biggest benefits of having this type of procedure done is the fact that it is not invasive. There are a number of procedures out there, such as face lifts and other cosmetic surgeries, which will leave a person having to recover for a while. Instead of taking such drastic measures, you can take part in microdermabrasion and get similar results. Make sure to do some research on the professionals in your area to figure out which one can give you the best service.
No Pain Involved
Another benefit of having this type of procedure is that it is very painless but effective. Other skin procedures, like chemical peels will result in a great deal of pain afterwards. For most people, having a long recovery time is not an option due to their work schedule. Make sure you go in for a few consultations before settling on which procedure and which professional you will use to help revitalize your skin. The time and effort which goes into this process will be more than worth it in the end. Read more…